XCOM designed and developed this cheeky and fun 'Undress for Winter' campaign for Destination Gold Coast. Partnering with Mantra Hotels to continue subscriber acquisition and retention, the campaign gave entrants the chance to win a trip for four to the Gold Coast worth up to $5,000.
The competition showcased the wide range of experiences on offer throughout the Gold Coast and allowed the user to pair these with fantastic accommodation offerings from Mantra Hotels.
In-market for 6 weeks, this campaign was a fun and cheeky way to shake off those drab winter blues and enjoy the summer weather on the Gold Coast.
Grow the subscriber database with an engaging, simple to enter, mobile-friendly acquisition campaign. Progressively capture preferences to profile existing and new subscribers.
CLIENTDestination Gold Coast
CAMPAIGNUndress for Winter
- An inventive and enticing entry mechanic, where you swiped (or scrolled) to undress our 'hipster Koala' and change his chilly winter-wear to beach-ready boardies and sunnies.
- With intuitive choices from fantastic activities and beautiful accommodation, entrants could win a unique Gold Coast holiday experience. These activity choices informed new and existing subscriber profiles.
- There was a fun, clear and visually appealing share mechanic, offering the chance to win $500 spending money for sharing via Facebook or Email.
- Each prize was unique and offered entrants the opportunity to see the Gold Coast in a different light.
XCOM pitched this cheeky campaign idea to Destination Gold Coast to beat the winter blues by visting the beautiful Gold Coast and enjoying a summer holiday in winter. Partnering with Mantra Hotels, this simple to enter, mobile-friendly, acquisition campaign gave entrants the chance to win a unique $5,000 holiday experience on the Gold Coast.
The microsite featured a fun, scrolling animation that transitioned on swipe/scroll. With an adorable 'hipster Koala' that changed from his winter clothes into beach-ready boardies and sunglasses.
- 13% increase in subscriber database
- 57% of entrants were new subscribers
- 44% number of shares to entrants
- 57% opt-ins to Mantra Hotels
- 54% of sharing was via Email