Virgin Australia, Tourism and Events Queensland and VA Supercars teamed up to offer existing V-mail subscribers a chance to win the ultimate pit stop experience for an entrant and 3 friends.
Virgin Australia offered current V-mail subscribers an opportunity to win a handful of prizes worth over $30,000 including one major prize of 4x Return Domestic Australian flights, 5 Star Accommodation, 4 x 3 day event passes to the Castrol Gold Coast 600 event, Helicopter Ride and much more.
Virgin Australia's focus was to increase V-mail acquistion, increase V-mail retention and drive incremental sales via the V-mail channel.
CAMPAIGNWin the Ultimate Pit Stop
- One lucky winner could take 3 friends with them to the Gold Coast 600 Supercars 2016 event and experience the ultimate pit stop
- Plus 100x Castrol Gold Coast 600 tickets were up for grabs
To celebrate the Gold Coast 600 Supercars event, Virgin Australia partnered with Tourism and Events Queensland and VA Supercars to offer existing V-mail subscribers a chance to win the ultimate pit stop experience for an entrant and 3 friends.
Virgin Australia offered current V-mail subscribers an opportunity to win a handful of prizes worth over $30,000 including one major prize of 4 return flights to the Gold Coast, 3 nights accommodation along with 3 day passes to the Gold Coast 600 Supercars 2016 event in addition to other great perks.
The major prize also included Paddock Club Passes + VIP passes to the concerts, helicopter ride and course car ride. In addition to behind the scenes tour and a meet and greet with Supercars Driver and Team.
The Virgin Australia Digital Marketing Team were investigating opportunities to increase V-mail acquisition and ultimately airline sales by offering potential subscribers and existing subscribers a competition prize that ‘money can’t buy’. There was a GC600 Supercars event on the 21st – 23rd October that would become the main part of the incentive to sign up to the V-mail program and enter the competition.
- Increase V-mail Acquisition, increase V-mail retention and drive incremental sales via the V-mail channel.
- Encourage more people to travel to the Gold Coast and to create brand awareness and increase event attendance.
Virgin Australia had a geographical focus on capital cities around Australia and an audience demographic of 27-40 year old entrants.
- XCOM designed an online competition to promote the acquisition offer in a compelling and exciting way. The competition was available across social media and online channels to encourage individuals to enter and share with their friends the opportunity to win a variety of prizes in relation to the Gold Coast 600 Supercars.
- Each entrant had the opportunity to win over $30,000 worth of prizes with one major prize as the ultimate experience. To boost the entrants chances of winning, individuals were encouraged to share the promotion with friends through social media and email.
- This provided a reason for users to enter the competition and share.
- Traffic driving elements for this campaign included V-Mail Promotions Follow up emails, display banners on the Virgin Australia site both shown on desktop and mobile including their VA Happy Hour banners, offline support, Tourism and Events Queensland Support, SEM, Facebook organic posts and paid advertising.
- 37% of entrants were new subscribers to V-mail.
- The competition reached over 904,000 individuals across the online channels.
- One very happy major prize winner and several winners of the minor prizes.