the personally identifiable information that we collect
from you as you use this website
This policy applies regardless of whether you use the services through XCOM MEDIA's website, your mobile phone, mobile device, TV, PC or any other equipment suitable to use the Services.
Collection of personal data
When you become a customer of our organisation you need to provide us with personal information about you which may comprise your name, address, phone number and email address, which will be used to identify you.
We will from time to time collect other data about you with your permission which we believe is necessary for us to conduct our internal operations or marketing activities.
We will collect this information (in some cases) in person, through online forms, by telephone or when you correspond with us by email or mail.
From time to time we collect personal data from a third party list supplier for our marketing activities.
We may use the services of a third party data supplier to enhance (or append) the data we hold about our customers.
Use of personal data
We may use your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
- For internal record keeping;
- For our financial and operational processes;
- To improve the products and services we offer;
- To communicate marketing offers directly with you;
- To combine your data with other data that we may hold about you.
Our direct marketing consists of a range of communications and content updates to our website.
We communicate to our members using postal mail, telephone, email and SMS.
We will only send you any advertisement, marketing or promotional material or product information, if you have elected to receive such information.
You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe information on every such contact, by updating your user profile or account data or by contacting us.
Disclosing and sharing of data
Generally, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To contracted external organisations to provide us with support services - such as processing applications or orders, marketing support, market research, debt collection, insurance, information technology, records management;
- To service providers such as credit reporting agencies in order to conduct credit and/or compliance verification checks.
- To related companies within the XCOM MEDIA group.
- To comply with legal obligations - if we are required by law to disclose personal information which may be the case in a criminal investigation, for example.
- To anyone else you authorise us to disclose information to, from time to time.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
In the instance where personal information is disclosed to an external company operating in a foreign country, we will ensure that the information is protected by a law or a contract which upholds Australian privacy principles.
The circumstances when it may be necessary for us to disclose data to overseas recipients may be as follows:
- Data management, data processing, data analysis
- IT services - data hosting, systems management and other technical services
Countries where the data may be disclosed include America and South East Asia.
Access and correction of personal data
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information.
If you are aware that your personal information is not accurate, up to date or complete, to correct your personal information, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact 07 3666 0544, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Privacy Officer, XCOM Media, 1/15 Lamington St, New Farm, QLD 4005.
We will deal with your request within a reasonable time and, if we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
Quality of personal information
Before we use or disclose your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, relevant, up-to-date, and is not misleading.
If you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, contact us and we will endeavour to either correct the information in our systems, or if necessary, discuss alternative action.
Storage and security of information
XCOM MEDIA organisation is committed to keeping secure the personal information you have provided to us. Your personal information is stored in secure premises and access to these premises is strictly controlled.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We use modern security methods including data encryption to safeguard the personal information provided by you.
We will not keep this information for longer than necessary.
How to make a privacy complaint
If you wish to complain about any breach or potential breach of this Privacy Statement or the Australian Privacy Principles, you should contact us by sending us an email to email@example.com, by mail addressed to The Privacy Officer, XCOM Media, 1/15 Lamington St, New Farm, QLD 4005 or by calling us at 07 3666 0544 and request that your complaint be directed to the Privacy Officer.
We will use our best endeavours to respond and resolve any complaint to your reasonable satisfaction.
If you are unhappy with our response, you may apply to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner to have your complaint investigated.
- We use cookie information to track usage patterns and provide us with statistics to analyse and improve our website. Such information can be the number of users who visit our site, the date and time of visits, the number and type of pages viewed and navigation patterns.
- Cookie data will allow us to recognise you when you return to our website and provide a customised website view based on your previous usage of the site.
- We may use cookie tracking to help us provide you with more relevant and tailored offers via email, mail or phone.
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the 'help' menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. For example, on Microsoft Internet Explorer you can disable or delete cookies by selecting 'Tools/Internet Options'.
Please note that our Services and our website are designed to work with cookies and disable cookies may affect your usage of our Services or our website and may prevent you from taking full advantage of our Services.
We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers, except with third parties working with us to provide our services to you.
Re-marketing and online advertising
We use the services of our online advertising partners to deliver targeted advertising across sites in their networks.
Remarketing, whereby our online advertising partners will reach out to people who previously visited our website, through advertisements on sites in their networks.
Behavioural targeting, whereby our online advertising partners will classify our website visitors according to how they use our website and deliver targeted ads on sites across their networks.
Users can choose to permanently opt out of the advertising cookies sent by our online advertising partners by visiting websites, referring to the Ads Settings and downloading the browser plugin.
Opting out of marketing communications
You may be contacted by mail, telephone or email for purposes of customer service or to be notified of related products, promotions, newsletters, customer surveys and similar materials that we may conduct or distribute from time to time.
If you do not wish to receive any such communications, you may advise us that you wish to opt out:
- by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail addressed to The Privacy Officer, XCOM Media, 1/15 Lamington St, New Farm, QLD 4005
- or by calling us at 07 3666 0544